John Langford and Yann Lecun have teamed up to teach an advanced course in machine learning. The focus is on methods that scale to large data sets. Though it will not be offered as a MOOC, they do plan to record the lectures (I imagine they will appear on videolectures.net). Well worth checking out.
- quick reminder post: pip install prefix
- Forgotten drafts: Headed to NIPS2013
- A quick thought on writing about failure
- NIPS Top 6 papers roundup
- This is why we need code review.
- A belated MLSB 2013 retrospective
- Looking for an industry job? Take note
- R by Radford Neal
- A quick and useful note for organizing comp bio projects
- Theano on Scinet update: linking MKL blas